Dreaming of a delicious aperitivo at sunset overlooking the Domes and Palaces of the Eternal City? Fancy a unique place to celebrate a special occasion? You are in the right place then!
We at You Local have personally visited the Best Rooftop Bars in Rome and we are glad to share with you a list of our favorites. All are located in the historic center and normally operate from April to October. Some of them are open all year around. Be sure to give them a call to make sure of the opening times.
We wish you a great time and feel free to contact us for any further info to pick the right Rooftop Bar in Rome.
1. Minerva Roof Terrace – Grand Hotel De La Minerve
Nestled on the rooftop of a spectacular hotel, Minerva Roof Garden is the ideal setting to sip a glass of Prosecco or a special drink at sunset, while enjoying amazing views over the Pantheon and Rome’s historic center. Definitely one of the best Rooftop Bars in Rome!
- Address: Piazza della Minerva 69
- Website: www.minervaroofgarden.it
2. Il Giardino Bar – Hotel Eden
A true gem few minutes walk from the Spanish Steps. Having a drink at the Rooftop Terrace of the Hotel Eden is a one-of-a-kind experience. You can enjoy outstanding views of Rome in a cozy atmosphere, with a 5-star service.
- Address: Via Ludovisi 49
- Website: Hotel Eden
3. Terrazza Borromini
Settled on top of the gorgeous Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, overlooking Piazza Navona, Terrazza Borromini is a place you’ll never forget. Definitely worth a visit to relax after a busy day of sightseeing. As the picture shows we often take our guests to the Terrazza at the end of our tours!
- Address: Via di Santa Maria dell’Anima 30
- Website: www.terrazzaborromini.com
4. Hotel Forum – American Bar
Hotel Forum hosts a stunning Rooftop American Bar with the best views over the Roman Forum and Capitoline Hill. The perfect setting to enjoy a glass of wine after visiting the wonders of Ancient Rome! Click here for more info about our guided Tours of Ancient Rome.
- Address: Via Tor de’ Conti 25
- Website: https://www.hotelforum.com/en/rome-american-bar/
Fancy atmosphere and great views are guaranteed at Zuma, a spectacular Rooftop Bar and Restaurant located atop “Palazzo Fendi”. Perfect choice for a delicious cocktail or a special dinner, few steps away from the Spanish Steps. Dress up and dive into La Dolce Vita!
- Address: Via della Fontanella di Borghese 48
- Website: www.zumarestaurant.com
6. Rooftop Jim’s Bar – Singer Palace Hotel
A true hidden gem in the heart of Rome! Singer Palace is a cosy boutique hotel really close to Piazza Venezia. Its terrace houses one of the most elegant Rooftop Bars in Rome, where you can enjoy delicious cocktails and home-made finger food specialties. Highly recommended!
- Address: Via Alessandro Specchi 10
- Website: www.singerpalacehotel.com/it/jim-rooftop-bar
7. Forty Seven Circus Roof Garden
In the heart of Rome, with breathtaking views of the Tiber Island and the Mouth of Truth, the 47 Circus Roof Garden is a must-visit place. The large and bright terrace features one of the best Rooftop Bars in Rome and a delicious gourmet Restaurant!
- Address: Via Luigi Petroselli 47
- Website: www.47circusroofgarden.com
8. Radisson Blu Rooftop
Radisson Blu Hotel is strategically located a stone’s throw from Termini station and boasts a spectacular terrace with multiple views of Rome. The highlight of the hotel is a splendid swimming pool surrounded by the bar-restaurant. Just a perfect setting for your Summer cocktails or for a Romantic dinner!
- Address: Via Filippo Turati 171
- Website: www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/radisson-blu-rome
9. Hotel Cesàri – Rooftop Bar
Hotel Cesàri is one of the oldest hotels in Rome. Settled in the heart of the city, halfway between the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain, the Hotel houses a beautiful panoramic terrace overlooking the Church of Sant’Ignazio. Definitely one of our favorite Rooftop Bars in Rome, where we often take guests with pleasure at the end of our walking tours!
- Address: Via di Pietra 89/A
- Website: www.9-hotel-cesari-rome.it/it/
10. Otivm – Rooftop American Bar
Speaking of the best Rooftop Bars in Rome, Otivm is a delightful boutique hotel at the foot of the Capitoline Hill and houses a unique panoramic terrace with a 360 degree view of the city. Ideal location to sip a good cocktail after a walk in the center or before enjoying the Roman cuisine of the nearby Ghetto. By the way, here you can find a list of our favorite trattorias in Rome!
- Address: Via d’Aracoeli 11
- Website: www.otiumhotel.eu
11. Il Palazzetto
The Palazzetto overlooks the Spanish Steps, and it is difficult to imagine a more extraordinary location where to sip a cocktail at sunset, or even have dinner. Both the Rooftop Bar and the Restaurant (housed on the terrace upstairs) are managed by the historic Hotel Hassler, located a few meters away, on top of Trinità dei Monti. Not to be missed!
- Address: Vicolo del Bottino 8
- Website: www.hotelhasslerroma.com
12. Hey Güey – The Chapter Hotel
Inaugurated in Summer 2021, Hey Güey is a welcoming and colorful rooftop garden, a stone’s throw from the heart of the Jewish ghetto. Food & drink proposals are inspired by Mexico, in line with the cosmopolitan style of The Chapter Hotel, which houses the venue. So get ready to sip signature cocktails paired by delicious Mexican street food specialties … and a splendid view over the rooftops of Rome!
- Address: Via di Santa Maria de’ Calderari 47
- Website: https://it.chapter-roma.com/
13. NH Collection Fori Imperiali
What to say? The view speaks for itself! With the Vittoriano in front and the Imperial Forums at its feet, the Rooftop Bar of the NH Collection Fori Imperiali boasts a unique location in the world. Ideal for a cocktail at sunset or a special lunch in the company of people with whom to share memories of a lifetime!
- Address: Via di Sant’Eufemia 19
- Website: https://www.nh-collection.com/it/hotel/nh-collection-roma-fori-imperiali
14. Garden Roof Trevi
Garden Roof Trevi is a small cocktail bar with a nice view over the Trevi Fountain. Nothing too fancy or sophisticated, just a comfortable spot to relax after your sightseeing. Do not forget to make a reservation in advance!
- Address: Via del Lavatore 44
- Website: https://www.relaisfontanaditrevi.com/terrace.php
| Fancy more tips to taste Rome at its best? Pick here some of Rome Best Wine Bars then. Also, find out where to find the Best Pizza in Rome, the Best Trattorias in Rome and the Best Coffee in Rome according to locals! |
For those who want to know more about Rome’s culinary tradition while sampling delicious local specialties, contact us for a fully personalized Rome Food Tour!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy and comprehensiveness.